The book ‘Essentials of Ayurveda for Health’ is a comprehensive work with an intention to create awareness as well as interest about Ayurveda. It includes all the essential components of Ayurveda for health promotion, presented in a way to make understanding the principles easy for a common person. The complex Sanskrit verses are presented in the form of diagrams and flowcharts for easy understanding. Many illustrations of daily regimen, Yogic practices have been included to facilitate learning. The original classical references and some research works are also included at the end of each chapter, to generate interest and authenticate the information.
1. Basic principles of Ayurveda, concept of health and disease in Ayurveda, Body constitution (Prakriti)
2. Ayurvedic lifestyle for health promotion like daily regimen (Dinacharya), seasonal regimen (Ritucharya), non-suppressible natural urges (Adharaniya Vega)
3. Dietetics inAyurveda, sleep (Nidra), celibacy (Brahmacharya)
4. Mental health promotion through Ayurveda
5. Yoga and Rasayana (rejuvenation) for healthy
6. The commonly applicable principles of Ayurveda in antenatal, post-natal care and child care in Ayurveda along with kitchen pharmacy
7. Bio-purification (Panchakarma) in Ayurveda